Saturday, September 02, 2006

Keith Olbermann, you da man!

I know it's been ages in terms of blogosphere time, but thanks to Jim Benton, my week off from blogging ended when he emailed me about, as he called it, a great moment in tv history.






I am looking for independent thinkers; independent commentators, and people who call upon others to think independently, AND who know their history. As Albert Camus said;
A free press can, of course, be good or bad, but, most certainly without freedom, the press will never be anything but bad.
Free being a relative word in the US, but I found that people are really not that 'free' to criticize as much as one would expect in a democratic country. But that is a topic for another post.
Thank you Keith Olbermann! (Check out his blog which includes the transcript of his commentary)

6 Comments:

Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

That was a great moment. I had heard about it but didn't have the time to watch it. Thanks for posting the video.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

As shocking as this announcer on TV might appear, more shocking is even the ignorance of people who by habit put their pillow over their face, not only at night - but all day long.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Rob..ticky tock..I'll try to email you tomorrow. My sister in law left today (can you tell?) and my stint apprenticing at KOOP radio starts monday, but James will be home for the long weekend so I can catch up..btw..liked the look of your new blog-spot!
Zee..pillows over peoples heads, heads in the sand, fingers in their ears.. it runs the gamut in this place!!
Ingrid

10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

excellent find Ingrid. i'm going to post it on my blog if you don't mind. thank you.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Sothis said...

I read his blog post on this a few days ago. I'm glad that someone in the mainstream press finally has the guts to stick his neck out for real democracy. I was happy to see that he let Rummy have it for comparing critics to Nazis. I think people like Rumsfeld rely on the ignorance of the general population as to what words like "fascist" mean.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

I wrote a reply earlier but 'blogger' ate it! So again (!), Mirvat, thanks so much for stopping by. I have seen you before at different sites plus I noticed your top position on Zee's blogroll. I have been to one of your sites before I noticed, and I will be contacting you about that later this week. I'm on my husband's computer as mine is having difficulties..
Sothis..yea, isn't that calling the kettle black!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home