Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pew's Global Attitude Project 2006

I am putting a few posts out there in the event I am unavailable in the next few days (to post) (even though I'm in the habit of doing it daily most of the time). I will have a mother-son date tomorrow to go see Pirates of the Caribbean (his final hoorah before his school starts monday), and perhaps a lunch together at the Schlotzky's. Plus, the final touches before school starts plus personal errands might take me away from posting, but I do hope to go and read my usual crowds' entries. This is a bit of a long read, and of course, as reports go, you'd have to be in the right frame of mind to think, and digest it. I think it's a worthwhile read though... excerpt:
While Europe's Muslim minorities are about as likely as Muslims elsewhere to see relations between Westerners and Muslims as generally bad, they more often associate positive attributes to Westerners - including tolerance, generosity, and respect for women. And in a number of respects Muslims in Europe are less inclined to see a clash of civilizations than are some of the general publics surveyed in Europe. Notably, they are less likely than non-Muslims in Europe to believe that there is a conflict between modernity and being a devout Muslim.

Click on title or quote.
have a good weekend guys, I'll hope to visit with you in the comment section and catch up that way..

2 Comments:

Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

Schlotzky's rocks. Please get me a pastrami and swiss sandwich on dark rye bread with those kettle BBQ chips.

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting article.

Nice to se how obligated you are to blogging. It's ok, you can take a vacation from time to time...

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home