Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Iran

Iran relief map








As I've been posting more frequently on the Chronicle blog as mentioned in the previous post, I've started to post political non-personal stuff there. Today, having to be home all day with the flooring crew has given me a chance to be online and browse around the sites I used to frequent.
And Iran is in the news. Bush's stupidity is too but what's new. I will refer you to two blogs written by intelligent and passionate guys. Their posts might be long, but then, when you want/need to know about issues, you need to read more than just the convenient quick blurb you see. You don't learn from headliners. You learn by reading, processing, thinking, and reading some more.

Please visit Kel at The Osterly Times: Podhoretz Vs Zakaria

And Jaime at The Heathlander: Losing the fight on Iran

...even the Israeli Foreign Minister, Tzipi Livni, has privately acknowledged that Iran poses no existential threat to Israel, with or without nuclear weapons. As military historian Martin van Creveld explains,

“Given the balance of forces, it cannot be argued that a nuclear Iran will threaten the United States. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s fulminations to the contrary, the Islamic Republic will not even be a threat to Israel. The latter has long had what it needs to deter an Iranian attack.

Should deterrence fail, Jerusalem can quickly turn Tehran into a radioactive desert - a fact of which Iranians are fully aware.”

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Very interesting... and aligns with what I've read lately. Iran is not a current threat and probably won't be. Not to mention, there are forces at work in Iran that may lead to more democracy over time, including a huge growth in young people with a more secular view of things.

So why war? Well, there are some with hammers who only see nails...

Not to mix my metaphors, but they are blockheads!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo hat gesagt...

dead right bud !
My name is Judas Nathan Zay
and I'm a male cunt and proud
of it. I hate my country the
United States of Fuckmerica
and I'll kill everyone
who so much as dares
to raise the flag
on my turf.

I loves to fuck little girls
which is why my tenure as a
Waldorf teach
in Great Barrington 01230
was kinda short lived.

I also loooves to mindfuck
little Meander Big Ingrid
and Floating Calamity
in my list.

And I loooove
to betray my friends
and am a real self centered
motherfucker who takes
anything w.out so much
as a thank you.

Got it slut ?!!
Please write more soon
Right now I'm in Switzerland
(s)licking my mom's cunt so she
gives me my once a year
allowance of a measly grand
usually though to be reached: at:Judas N.Zay
in Hillsdale NY12529


I love Islam and Ussama
and I hate Jews in general
and Israel in particular.
Call me an Anthronazi.

And yer right sissie!
My home i s a dump alright.
Now how on earth did ya know?

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LONG-RANGE PLANS AND CONSEQUENCES

I feel like such an idiot in that I failed to see
It was for building bases to make war against Iran
To catch the "peak oil" curve that we proceeded hastily;
The home confused by subterfuge and words that were a con.

Still, even though the fact is that none may have understood
The long-range prospects, it was evident upon the face
That, called "preemption" the aggression augured never good,
So in our "moral standing" well-deserved is our disgrace.

The nations of the world have seen the deed and called its name
(It hardly matters if beneath another circumstance
But any one of them exactly would have done the same--
We lose prestige which our forbears worked so hard to enhance).

Advanced this vandalistic creed of mercenary plunder
The Heads of State nor hesitate to rush into the blunder,
Banging their war-drums so they prate and blustery they thunder
How we shall wreak then "World War III" and tear their lives asunder
Such as oppose the "grab for oil" so is it any wonder
Heaven´s disapprobation all are operating under.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home