Saturday, September 29, 2007

Getting a life, the Club Chronicle challenge








I have been absent for a while due to being busy and being in the process of getting new flooring in our house. With an asthmatic and allergy prone child it's been high time. With our two story house however, it's going to be a 'production'. We'll have to vacate at least for two weeks and pack a lot of things as if we're moving. There are only certain things they will pick up and move for you when they lay their tile and laminate.
So in the vein of trying to do something interesting, I entered the Club Chronicle Team Zen challenge and I and 10 others got picked out of a 130 people! They had intended to pick just 6 but they had a hard time choosing so they picked a few more, amongst them yours truly!
What does that mean? Well, we're all going to train to run (or walk or crawl take your pick) Austin's Trail of Lights 5K that will be held in December. This morning we had our first official meet up at Auditorium Shores here at Town Lake, aka Lady Bird Lake. Now, I'm still tired and sore but I really like my team mates and I think it's great to have an instant support team to exercise with. Running is no fun when you're running alone! And I need to get in shape.

The kicker is that each contestant/participant needs to keep a blog and even a video blog if you're so inclined chronicling your life up to the 5K. Then, if you make it through the finish line (and only then!) can people vote for their favourite contestant and she/he will win the grand prize. For now, we're just hoping to be able to keep up the exercising!!

Anyhow, this falls under the category "and for something completely different"! I'll put the Chronicle blog in my link once they've assigned it to us. Sigh...phooy...my legs feel heavy already!

Still, it's going to be good fun I think and I really like the group dynamic already.
Wish me luck, egg me on, vote for me when the time comes!!

I'll be off and running (hardeharhar)!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope you do well in this event. I remember those 3-mile runs while playing hockey, but that was so many years and pounds ago. (LOL)

Good luck!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

hey robster,
isn't it something? I've been tuckered all day so you can imagine how much I need this! phoo!
it'll be fun AND a pain!
The idea is that if 'we' (the 'magnificent 11) can do it, anyone else can.'We'..are supposed to be inspiring so Robbie dear.. if I run the whole 5K.. would you train for one too??
YES! I'm challenging you! Which means that you can put it off until December and hope that I fail! lol
Ingrid.. what say you??

4:27 PM  
Blogger susan said...

ingrid, good luck with the training.. the only time i run these days is if someone's chasing me for hanging up 'don't attack Iran signs'

thanx for your visit

11:37 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ingrid that's great! Always nice to challenge yourself. I've been running for years. I'm a slow runner though. And this last year no matter how much I run I can't lose weight. I recently read that as I get older I have to intensify my workout. That makes no sense to me. This is just when I want to de-intensify.

Anyway my brothers and sister and I all signed up for the Cherry Blossom 10 mile one year. We all trained away in our seperate towns. On the day of my youngest brother admits he never trained at all! We thought he would never make it. BUT he did! So no worries for you. You will make it and be great!

7:04 AM  
Blogger billie said...

i'd be the one crawling :) good for you!!! good luck with the flooring. i know how home improvement projects go. i am in the middle of one myself- and if there's any running here- it's me screaming into the night :)

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingrid,

Even if I slimmed down, with my previous leg and back injuries I'm in no condition to run a 5k anymore. I've already exceeded the number of Achilles tendon, knee and lower leg injuries I'm willing to put up with in a lifetime.

Rob

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Susan, thanks for stopping by. As Gary mentioned in one of his comments on your blog, the 'Mary' he's referring you to is the same one 'here' (ahem).. susan, mary, mary susan. Now you guys can talk artistry shop.. (that sounded funny)
Anyway, don't attack Iran signs, boy, let's hope the Bushies won't squeeze another war in before leaving!
Mary, what a funny story. Of COURSE it would be the youngest sibling who'd not train. I really do need to though, I'm already hurting but I think the coach made us do lunges when we should've done just plain stretches first..it hurst going up and down the stairs! You'll have to share your running stories on your blog too.
Betmo, can we talk?! chaos doesn't quite reign just yet but we'll get there fast enough. As for you screaming into the night LOL.. that somehow brings up images of 'The scream'!
I'll put up some images of that homeimprovement project once it's underway. Which reminds me..I haven't even put images of our adventure backstage the Killers at the Austin city limit festival.. ding dong!
I'm counting on getting more inspired to write as I'm exercising as well..air out the cob webs in my brain!
thanks for your rara's and Robster, I cannot imagine exercising if I racked up that many injuries either so I guess you're absolved..although..how'bout swimming?? hmmmm
Ingrid

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home