Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bush invites McCain, Obama to discuss bailout


Bush invites McCain, Obama to discuss bailout

"WASHINGTON - Democrats won a key concession from the White House on legislation to bail out the financial industry on Wednesday, then sought to scale back the $700 billion price tag, as Republican presidential nominee John McCain inserted himself into high-stakes negotiations on the rescue.



President Bush invited McCain and Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, along with congressional leaders, to a White House meeting Thursday to discuss the bailout."


You gotta be fucking kidding me right?? The Republicans are trying to cover their tracks so now Bush wants/needs to drag Obama into this with whatever ploy or potential threat or blackmail? I'm smelling something and it ain't rotten eggs..

I'm totally disgusted! I got 32 words of my own for Bush and Paulson et al but I am a mom and other than saying fuck you, I can't really go further than that!
You unbelievable piece of works. I hope the everyday man and woman don't fall for this crap!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Such language!Do you kiss your children with that mouth? :)

These mutha-fuckas in Washington have pushed too much bullshit in our direction and now we're expected to bail out their rich buddies.

And now that they've screwed us without permission, they're asking us to pay for our own rape kits!

9:49 AM  
Blogger jmsjoin said...

I know I commented here I wonder what happened to it? This bankrupting of America is not done and war and worse is coming. It just bothers me that Republicans are politicizing this mess too for their gain. Here we go again with the fear mongering.
Anyway the Republicans caused this on their own. Now they want Bi Partisanship. They want the blame shared. Pisses me off!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

To me it seems that each side is blaming the other.

My personal view is that the people who lost their homes will find a way to prosper again, surely with the help of churches, friends, family and plain old putting their optimism and elbow grease to work they can start over.

I'm against a bail-out. If those companies with bad ethics get "rescued," why can't my husband and I get rescued too because our car business has had of late its worst 18 months in the past 18 years? And we've done it with good honest hard work, selling a good product and helping our customers.(See the Austin, Chronicle "Best of Austin" standing for the past 5 or 6 years... The Auto Depot.) And we are struggling and juggling with our bills every month.

Survival of the business fittest, says I. No bail-out. Let is be a lesson to companies who are not ethical.


Jannie

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Jannie, you're absolutely right. No bailing out, no 'parachutes' or golden watches, well you know, whatever you call it those CEO's get when the company fails but they still sail high.
People like you and your husband are the salt of the earth that make local businesses contribute to our local economy. Isn't there a 'buy local day'? Are you guys part of that Austin org?
Here is their link, it's the Austin Independent Business Alliance; http://www.ibuyaustin.com/

you probably heard from them.
The whole issue is pretty complicated but I think the regulation of banks having to provide loans to people who could not afford it led to greed, because banks (the big shots behind it) will turn anything to their advantage..

Ingrid

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home