Sunday, August 17, 2008

For she's a jolly good fellow..winning an award..







Susan mentioned that I had to mosy over to her site because she had given me an award..well, that is always a great way to wake me up besides coffee and voila.. what a great, self-explanatory award that is! Normally I would do the obligatory, 'oh, not me! well, [bateyelashs], gee thank you, thank you very much'. But hey, THIS award I claim with pride and maybe a bit of 'show-ofness'..After all, I've been pretty busy of late!

The Kick-Ass Award! Together with Zee, Gary, Lindsay, and Gfid (granny fidler) we share the honour of making the blogosphere a bit of a better place..for various reasons as you can read in Susan's post. Please check hers out.

As the online tradition goes, when awarded, one has to pass it on. First, I want to thank Susan for her kind words re. her reason and now I'll make sure I won't lose that kick-ass mojo 'cause I've been 'on fiyuh' this past week or so! (feels nice for a change)..

OK..administrative duties;

Do you know any bloggers that kick ass?
Maybe they’ve got incredible, original content. Or they’re overflowing with creativity. Is it someone that helps you become a better blogger? Or a bloggy friend you know you can count on? Or maybe it’s someone who simply inspires you to be a better person… or someone else who sends you to the floor, laughing your ass off.
Whatever the reason may be, I’m sure you know at least a couple of bloggers that kick ass. Well… why not tell ‘em so?

The rules to this are as follows:1) Choose five other bloggers that you feel are "Kick Ass Bloggers"2) Let them know that they have received an award.3) Link back to both the person who awarded you and also to http://www.mammadawg.com/4) Visit the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky and leave a comment
.


So my choices are;

Kel, from the Osterley Times.
I don't know how he does it, he must work, eat and blog and perhaps sleep in between I don't know. Talk about proliferic! Not only that, he's most passionate and consistently so. I've known him since our early 'bloggers against torture' days and he's still out there, being the citizen journalist. Speaking out against injustices in Africa, taking his own British politicians AND American ones (well, surprise surprise) to task for the war on Iraq, hypocrisy and plain stupidity..he lets loose and does not let go. Kel, you certainly kick ass (Basil Fawlty:" You Americans always talking about 'bottoms'" )

Scholars and Rogues. This blog is a more recent find and a combination of a few academics and apparent 'rogues' make up this site that addresses, not only with intelligence but fairness of treatment, political and social issues. As they already have won a few 'high prices' blogger awards (thinking blogger award, 2007 Weblog finalist, blogger's choice awards, top 20 best political blog 2007), this KICK ASS might not seem as debonaire, but in essence it sums up all those other nice-sounding awards in a way any scrogue could recognize for what it is; they tell it like it is! Plus, as academics are supposed to do (and the scrogues not merely being 'non-academics' but writers who know how to do their research); the query, they ask questions, they go for the kernel of truth.

Lenny Hart is The Existentialist Cowboy. I have not always been a faithful visitor nor commenter but here is not only a man of passion, but ...he puts himself out there, by photo and name (most of us prefer to remain anonymous) and issues that he tackles. He's no Texan bozo conspiracy theorist, he's an intelligent, educated seeker of truth who can actually talk philosophically about existentialism and logical positivism.. just 'one more thing' for me to research and learn about! sigh.
A broadcaster extraordinaire, his long list of interviewees is quite impressive. Go check him out. At any rate, he kicks ass because like the aforementioned honorees..he does not let up. And that to me is what means kicking ass.

Jamie from the Heathlander is another one from my bloggers against torture days. (I lost the bloggers against torture button when I changed the colour of my blog, I'll have to scrounge it up again). Jamie, like Kel, is very dedicated to exposing hypocrisy and highlighting injustices. Jamie's focus is mainly Middle Eastern but since the Middle East presents such an interest to the rest of the world, what with all the resources that is needed everywhere else (like Eurasia), it behooves all of us to become a bit more of a Middle Eastern politics expert. Or at least a little bit. One of our younger if not youngest blogger at the time, he impressed us all (at bloggers against torture) with not only his passion, but his knowledge that comes from taking the time to read, digest and analyze. Jamie, you kick ass still!

Lastly, another blogger of recent acquaintance is Jim Joiner of The Average American Patriot. A father of four, ex-Air Force, he's one of those people who've opened their eyes and have become very upset at what they saw. Speaking out against the US military provocation and egging on of Georgia, he is not at all of the illusion that 'we are good and they are bad'. As you can tell by the theme of the giving out of this award; here is another seeker of the truth. A 'seeker' seeks by doing research to find out what is going on, and weighs the evidence found from different sides. Most people try to find something that agrees with their viewpoint. One never can find any truth in that.

There is another award waiting for me. I just remembered and I was given it much earlier in the summer. However, I'd been busy and procrastinated 'picking it up'. So I have the enjoyable task of passing that one on as well so come by later today or tomorrow to see my next round of nominations.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger jmsjoin said...

Ingrid
I am honored! I am of the same frame of mind as you! I can not do the justice you just did as I am very much one that has to make a difference but do not want any recognition for it.
If I can help make the truth known and set things right in and with America that is all the Award I want But I thank you and accept graciously.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

Ingrid,

Thank you so much for nominating me. And especially for the incredibly kind words with which you chose to do so.

It's a real shame that I can't nominate you right back. But I will think very carefully about my five award winners and post the list tomorrow.

Again, thank you so much.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Jim and Kel, I don't often get awards so to get one AND one like this makes it very easy to turn around and acknowledge others. Especially this week I'm very politically minded but regardless of that, I appreciate other people's knowledge. For knowledge, unfortunately, you have to go through the trouble of doing research. You AND Kel and all the others nominated are taking the trouble to not only finding out for yourselves, but also for others. This is a different time when the Internet allows us to not only investigate much more easily, but share with the rest of the world. That's why we need net neutrality!

and yes..you're most welcome too! [s]

Ingrid

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the kind words Ingrid - needless to say, right back at ya!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

You're welcome Jamie! You're still on my radar..in a good way of course [s].

Hope all is going well with school or perhaps now work??

Ingrid

2:10 PM  
Blogger susan said...

I was very delighted to read your choices for the 'Kick Ass Award' and will go to visit each and every one of them.

You are a wonderful lady :-)

Anbu

6:22 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

I'm not acquainted with the first four blogs - but I soon will be - but Jim is one of the finest political writers in the blogosphere.

6:42 PM  
Blogger jmsjoin said...

Robert
I thank you! Coming from you that is a compliment. I fancy myself om=nly a searcher for the truth and want only to right this ship called America Bush has on the rocks!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Ingrid,
Congratulations!

Would you be interested in being a weekly contributor to The Peace Tree? If you are please let me know- prime63@cox.net...

Peace,
Mark (tpm)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Thanks Susan, I'm glad you liked them. It's not for the shallow-minded but of course, if you're in the mood for lighter fare, you gotta go elsewhere.
Robert, nice to see you again! It's funny how people in the blogosphere eventually end up in the same circles or get included in the circles that gets widened by the like-minded!
Mark, wow, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the offer. Let me think about it for a few days and I'll get back to you,

namaste ya'll!!

Ingrid

8:23 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

yeah you so rock...wonderful....and I was going to award this to you too ;-)

damn...well I am still awarding it to you ;-)

keep up all of your great work...we need you ;-)

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home