Friday, October 03, 2008

McCain's Keating Five ad surfaces..bad news for McCain

Helenwheels asked for this to be kept 'viral' and I cannot but oblige. This comes to you courtesy of Public Campaign Action Fund (clean money clean elections)




This was the email Helen received;

Dear HelenWheels,

I just received some news I had to share with you: The ad we showed you yesterday — the one that breaks the silence on John McCain and the Keating Five scandal — has hit the big time and is getting plenty of attention in the press.

Today, The New York Times said our ad "dredges up a scandal that Mr. McCain would rather forget, particularly as Americans are struggling to accept the government's proposed $700 billion bailout of financial institutions."

We need your help to keep holding John McCain accountable. Please take a minute to forward the ad -- which can be found at

http://www.campaignmoney.org/keating


-- to everyone you know.

Thanks,
David Miller


Well..and surprise surprise;
Lobbyist Hired by Freddie Mac to Work on McCain Is Now Senator's Aide:

When mortgage giant Freddie Mac feared several years ago that Sen. John McCain was too outspoken on the issue of executive pay, it pinpointed a lobbyist known for his closeness to McCain and hired him to work with the senator.

Mark Buse, a longtime McCain adviser who had been staff director of the Senate commerce committee, signed on as a Freddie Mac lobbyist, and his firm, ML Strategies, earned $460,000 in lobbying fees in late 2003 and 2004, according to lobbying disclosures. Buse is now chief of staff at McCain's Senate office.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well well well, I was just going to show you a few historical artifacts of my own, and it just so happens that this very post of yours goes hand-in-hand with mine:

In 1986 U.S. Tax Payers Bailed Out the Savings and Loan Industry to the Tune of $160 billion over Ten Years

Also, see this prophetic 1999 New York Times article about Fannie Mae and this Wikipedia article about the savings and loan "crisis" of the 1980s. The horror of recognition will strike you.

You and I are on the same page, Ingrid. Thanks for stopping over at my revamped blog the other day, and for replying to my comment on yours.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ingrid, thanks SO much for passing this on. It's taking off, I think!

I love your blog, great work!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Will, great links. And we're off same mind? I think there are a fe of 'us' out there so that's a relief. Btw..I'll have to add this Molly Ivins quote I saw in our local alternative 'rag' where Molly in the 90s basically predicted what happened.

Helen, this is the only way to be viral what can I say?[g]..
thx for the blog, I fade in and out of 'passion', 'oomph', 'time' and have to add a little personal stuff from time to time..

My big 'surfing time' is really during the week so I'll catch up with you later! [s]
Ingrid

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home