Friday, May 11, 2007

Tasneem Khalil, blogger, journalist taken into custody and released

National Democratic Institute for International Affairs





One of my blogger friends is originally from Bangladesh. We somehow 'connected' through our shared 'bloggers against torture' and I admire his writing, his intelligent analysis and his knowledge. As a son of a former diplomat, it's no wonder that he is such a great online reporter, even though it is not his 'real' job.. (I wished)

Tasneem Khalil
Recently, Bangladesh got overtaken by a military coup, and a prominent journalist, Tasneem Khalil, got taken in for interrogation and after some nail biting hours, released..
look for the "Bangladesh Chronicles" from Mash, aka docstrangelove
Check out the story behind Tasneem Kahlil
Read here the write up at global voices online
Also, a great overview is the BBC news chronology of Bangladesh

PS, I just realized that in my allergy medicine induced haze, it looks as if I am talking about Tasneem being my blogger friend. No such thing..I was talking about Mash! ...gotta crawl into bed now..

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingrid, thank you for posting this. Thankfully he has been freed. I believe the quick response of the blogosphere across multiple continents had a significant effect on the outcome.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home