Sunday, April 22, 2007

Former Reagan Advisor angry Bush 'bankrupted America'

Impostor





Hat tip to Kvatch, AKA Kommander Kvatch, for this post I saw on his 'civilian' site, Blognonymous. (you're not supposed to criticize the Commander-in-Chief now are you? I'll let this one slide Kommander!)
This article came via Raw Story:

Conservative economist Bruce Bartlett accused President Bush of "bankrupting" America and betraying the Reagan legacy in an interview on PBS's Tavis Smiley Show on Tuesday.

A domestic policy adviser to President Ronald Reagan and a treasury official under President George H.W. Bush, Bartlett assailed Bush's "big government conservatism" and said he was surprised at Bush's policies, despite his campaign pledge to be a "compassionate conservative."

When asked how the current President Bush compared to his father, Bartlett responded, "If I didn't know with a certainty they were related, I wouldn't think that they were."

Bartlett also argued that current conservative fiscal rhetoric regarding supply-side economics is outdated. "We have a completely different economic situation, completely different fiscal and tax situation and I think people are still using rhetoric that was appropriate at one time for a situation that in which it is no longer appropriate."
(bold added by yours truly)

Check out the story or read the transcript of the interview. Click on .
Raw Story

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the mention Ingrid. It's much appreciated.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

your welcome kvatch. I hope to do a whole lot more faithful blog hopping once school's out and I don't have to drive so much! I have my moments that I remember blogs I haven't visited in a while and your posts are always enjoyable, enlightened and passionate. One at a time or all of the above, ha!
Ingrid

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home