Thursday, July 20, 2006

Speaking of corrupted...(see previous post)

Just read THIS tonight and my heart aches...

Israel, which is also waging a three-week-old military campaign in Gaza, launched its assault after Hizbollah captured two troops and killed eight in a cross-border raid on July 12.

Its campaign has killed at least 312 people in Lebanon, the vast majority civilians, and displaced hundreds of thousands. At least 29 Israeli troops and civilians have been killed.

The United States, which has exerted no public pressure on Israel for a ceasefire, said Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice may travel to the Middle East next week to press for a political solution. It has demanded the release of the troops.


The US has demanded the release of the troops? Is that all? No demand for a cease fire for all parties? Is Israel fighting a proxy war? Check out this article by Ilan Pappe, WHAT DOES ISRAEL WANT?

I am speechless and lost for words. I look at the casualty list and think, how many more? Either way, it is ordinary citizens from Gaza, Israel and Lebanon who will bear the brunt. Like I said, my heart aches...

1 Comments:

Blogger Zebster said...

I'm afraid my most recent post won't help much but I think you'll enjoy it.
Congrats on 100 posts!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home