Sunday, August 13, 2006

Pondering over comments

that I received, and watching Alex Jones on cable tv today, I was realizing that with all the information that is out there, for anyone to research, read and test for its truthfulness, that it really doesn't matter how easily accessible it is. It does not matter, how articulate and thoughtful any of us write our 'little posts', or how passionate we implore anyone to check out what we see as 'truths'.

The eye of the beholder is looking at your information with an attitude that you cannot change or effect, unless it is something that provides an epiphany of sorts that you cannot facilitate. It is in the realm of untouchables, that, which you cannot influence no matter how 'right' or 'truthful' you are or the information is that you've linked to or provided.

I realized today watching Alex, and listening to him as much as I could with a bored three year old vying for my attention (because for once, it's NOT a kid show on tv for crying out loud!) and folding the laundry, I realized, that it's the ability to face an uncomfortable truth, a reality that is not in the image of what you expected when you grew up. A reality that says, you cannot change this because we have the money and hence we have the power to influence the masses so don't bother. Do you still investigate unnerving information when you see it? Do you bury yourself in your own life, because after all, there's nothing you can do about it? Do you live by an inner calling that says, even IF I cannot effect anyone else's mind, I HAVE to do this, it's my own consciousness at stake.

How do you deal with any reality you've come to find or experience, that says, you are enslaved, a modern day serf. A veritable usurped human being who's lives are solely worthy as a consumer entity. Buy this product and buy what I tell you is the truth. Be scared, and listen to me.
How do you face fear?
That's kind of what I have been pondering over today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

It's only one small change but we can look at Connecticut.

The internet did that.

9:37 PM  
Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

I don't scare easily. When you've faced death, whether it's physical or psychological, nothing fazes you anymore.

In the past eight years, I've become a cynic of most of what the government and the mainstream media passes on as fact. It was more than 9/11. It was my state's energy crisis, a local case where a man was wrongfully convicted (in the media but not in court) of committing horrible crimes against children beause of his strange, unusual looks, the Downing Street Memos, and the perjury charges against one William Jefferson Clinton that made me question authority.

Do we have the ability to create change? Yes. Can we harness that ability and do something about it? Yes. Do we choose to use it? That's the million dollar question each of us has to decide.

BTW, I stopped reading Alex Jones fan recently when he fell for the Reconquista/Aztlan myth espoused by the likes of Michelle Malkin and the racist American Patrol. Only the very radical Hispanics believe in that ideology, but you know how it goes: groups are always identified by their detractors by their weakest links, their loosest cannons, and their most extreme members.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

I've become pretty cynical as of late myself. I agree w/ robbie though, we do have the ability to create change... it's just a matter of how much time and energy we want to put into it. Sometimes it's easy to get taken away by life... so to speak.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Granny, and you can also tell how the sore losers and their 'associates' are dealing with it (nasty name calling sorts).
Rob, you sound desillusioned, ha, all the 'markings' of an independent?? It's definitely a process by which people tend to become 'cynical' in politics..
As for the reconquista myth, I know nothing about it, you'll have to post on that sometime (if you have, let me know when I'll look for it)
Tooners, you're right too. It takes a lot of effort and emotional commitment to pursue something that is important when you don't see the result of it, or hardly ever. It's good then to be with like minded people that will give you hope that more of them exist out there.. but 'life' is also important and it cannot be 'issues' or 'politics' all the time..you'd forget to laugh, see the lighter side of life ("always walk on the bright side of life") and just enjoy and be in the moment of your life..I know what you mean.
Ingrid

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home