Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday To 'Ya'..

Trying to 'going on being' and that is one of my goals for the year. It 'is' convenient for my birthday to be at the beginning of the year. That said, most people are recupering this month from their December gluttony and splurches and tend to forget 'us' January babes. Well, in honour of Martin Luther King's birthday next week (this song was composed for him) and Obama's inauguration, I'll play this song.
That, and the following people (for those entertainment junkies):

1875 Albert Schweitzer (humanitarian, physician, musician, philospher)
Faye Dunaway born on January 14, 1941
Lawrence Kasdan born on January 14, 1949
Claude Chirac born on January 14, 1962
Steven Soderbergh born on January 14, 1963
"Moi", 1964
Emily Watson born on January 14, 1967
LL Cool J born on January 14, 1968
Jason Bateman born on January 14, 1969




You know it doesn't make much sense
There ought to be a law against
Anyone who takes offense
At a day in your celebration
'Cause we all know in our minds
That there ought to be a time
That we can set aside
To show just how much we love you
And I'm sure you will agree
It couldn't fit more perfectly
Than to have a world party on the day you came to be

Chorus
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday
(Repeat)

I just never understood
How a man who died for good
Could not have a day that would
Be set aside for his recognition
Because it should never be
Just because some cannot see
The dream as clear as he
That they should make it become an illusion
And we all know everything
That he stood for time will bring
For in peace our hearts will sing
Thanks to Martin Luther King

Chorus
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday
(Repeat)

Bridge
Why has there never been a holiday
Where peace is celebrated
all throughout the world

The time is overdue
For people like me and you
You know the way to truth
Is love and unity to all God's children
It should be a great event
And the whole day should be spent
In full remembrance
Of those who lived and died for the oneness of
all people
So let us all begin
We know that love can win
Let it out don't hold it in
Sing it loud as you can

Chorus
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday
(4x)

(Background Stevie)
Happy birthday Ooh yeah
Happy birthday,
To you

We know the key to unity of all
People
Is in the dream that you had so
Long ago
That lives in all of the hearts
Of people
That believe in unity
We'll make the dream become
A reality
I know we will
Because our hearts tell us so

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Hairball T. Hairball said...

Enigma informed everyone on her blog that today is your birthday.

Happy Birthday!!!! :)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Ingrid! Many happy returns!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Enigma did?? Aw shucks..just to bad I can't invite 'ya'll' over for a big party [s]..
that said, we'll be partyting NEXT week altogether in spirit for sure!!

Thanks for coming over Hairball, I don't think I've ever had the pleasure [s]
Hillblogger..thanks so kindly too. Your latest post was very thoughtful and one I could sink my teeth in so to speak but this week, I'm so scattered in terms of having to errands, being out and about('aboot'hehe), that I need time to comment. And as you can tell, I sure have some opinions that take a while to 'ehem'..comment..LOL!
Salut my friend, and the other hillbloggers as well.

Ingrid

10:07 AM  
Blogger Blueberry said...

A very Happy Birthday to You!

11:33 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Happy Birthday Ingrid...
I love this post..and Stevie Wonder too..( I will be humming all day..)

Have a wonderful day..do something good for you...and know that we are so glad to have you here in Blogatopia, Older and Wiser....

11:39 AM  
Blogger Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Happy, happy birthday. May the coming year be all that you hope.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Ingrid,

Just to say hope you had a wonderful and successful birthday bash...

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingrid, so sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday. I take it you're a Capricorn. If you had waited a few days you could have been an Aquarius like moi!

12:16 AM  
Blogger - said...

HAHAHA...figures we would both be Capricorns. I can see that. Happy (Belated) Birthday my friend. Mine was on the 13th. I hope it was a wonderful day for you. In case you didn't notice, I have shut down donkephant. It had a good run, but it was time to shut it down. I haven't decided what my next venture into political writing will be. I'm sure something will light my fire before too long.

9:37 AM  
Blogger - said...

Hrmmmm, don't know why it didn't identify my account. Anyways this is CO. (smile)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home